Every woman who does not feel anguished at such mothers is a curse to womankind. A case reported from Mumbai demonstrates how even minor girls/daughters are not spared to be used as tools to settle alternate personal disputes.
- A special POCSO Court acquitted a 37-year-old man accused of flashing his minor niece in 2016 as the minor girl complainant and her mother turned hostile
- In a complaint lodged by the girl’s mother to Dongri Police station, she alleged that the man flashed after her while she was on her way home
- The police complaint stated that the man was the girl’s maternal uncle and he touched her shoulder and flashed at her
- She then fled the scene but did not tell her mother until two weeks after the incident
- Her mother then approached the police with the complaint
- The judge said that police failed to prove the crime as the complainant turned hostile and FIR registered in the case was the result of a civil dispute between the man and the complainant’s mother
- During the trial, the girl’s mother said asserted that there was a dispute between her, her brother and her sister-in-law that was resolved
- The girl and her mother had turned hostile in the case
- The girl said that she does not have any complaints about her uncle
- Such cases have become rampant not because it is simply easy to file a false complaint against a man
- They have been encouraged because most of our courts do not punish the culprits who dare to file such false allegations
- This is a 2016 case, which means until the man was acquitted, he would have been ridiculed by society for misbehaving sexually with his own niece
- How can such a man regain his lost respect?
- Some may still consider him as a molester due to one false allegation
- The least we can do is shame such women at a personal level to ensure they do not feel further encouraged to commit such unlawful acts